Whenever we think of the word ‘travel’, most people instantly picture themselves in cities like New York, California or Miami. People want to travel to escape the normal routine, eat good food, experience fun activities, learn a thing or two about a city, and not spend too much money while doing it. The problem when picking a place to travel, is that not every place is built the same way. Some cities have good food but there’s not too many activities to do. Other cities have great activities but do not provide the opportunity to unwind next to a beach. What if I told you there’s a city that you could do all these and MORE?
St. Augustine is known as Florida’s Historic Coast. That alone tells you that the city is filled with history, great views, and memories you will cherish for years to come. But that’s not all St. Augustine offers! These are the 5 things we learned from our visit, and why you need to visit NOW:
- Fun for the Whole Family: With attractions like Augustine’s Lighthouse, St. Augustine’s Alligator Farm Zoological Park, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, the Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth Archeological Park and Fort Matanzas National Monument there’s something to do for everyone. St. Augustine offers a blend of one-of-a-kind adventures, nature and sightseeing tours, water expeditions, and history lessons packed in a fun experience. What’s not to love?
2. Food You Won’t Find Anywhere Else: There’s a lot of restaurants to chose from in St. Augustine but the most important fact to keep in mind is that most of them are locally owned. According to Grub Hub’s “Top 10 Restaurant” list in St. Augustine, this city delivers a rich and full experience to your palate thanks to a variate list that includes American, International, Local, and Hispanic cuisine. If you are a “Foodie”, you need to go visit St. Augustine if you want to live up to your self-proclaimed title.
- A Lovers’ Paradise: Augustine’s location provides couples with a getaway that’s filled with views and experiences to rekindle the love flame. The city has famously known attractions specifically designed for couples, like the Love Tree, The Tasting Tours and The Bin 39 Wine Bar. There’re also breathtaking views that you can appreciate from the balcony of your room or by walking through one of their famous beaches. As a couple, you might have other places labeled as your dream vacation but now you have to add this gem of a city to your list.
- History on Every Corner: Most people don’t know that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the United States. A trip to this city gives its visitors the opportunity to learn and explore their roots. With places to visit like The Oldest Wooden School House, Castillo de San Marcos and Father O’Reilly House Museum you are bound to experience history like no other place can offer.
- Experiences that Never Seem to End: St. Augustine has a lot of events to chose from but the most notable is The Nights of Lights. This event was on National Geographic’s Top 10 Places in the Worldto view holiday lights, and it extends from November all the way to February. Talk about a long Holiday celebration! More than simple events, St. Augustine offers experiences that are not easily forgotten by anyone and can be proudly included in any bucket list.
The hardest part of writing about St. Augustine is being able to narrow down the list of things we learned about our visit, and why you should go. St. Augustine offers an experience like no other and there are numerous things that you need to do when you visit. Florida’s Historic Coast gives its visitor a historic experience, vacation and memories.
Here are some of the photos we took during our trip:
By Agustin Sobrino-Figueroa – Brand Manager @ Camelo Communication